Determine which model file is loaded

Discussion in 'HAPTIX' started by Tyler Simpson, Nov 30, 2016.

1. I would like to know which model file is currently loaded so that I can save a backup copy of that file. Our current workflow includes tuning model parameters and/or changing model files 10-50 times throughout the day and I would like to keep an archive of each model that was used. Is there a way to do this programmatically or can it only be done manually?

2. Emo Todorov

Emo Todorov Administrator Staff Member

The model name defined within the currently loaded model file is displayed in the title bar, and you can always save a copy of that model file from the File menu, under a new file name if needed. There is no way to do Save As programmatically for now.

It is possible to add a remote Save As feature, but is there a reason to do it other than being able to play back log files? If that is the only reasons, how about having the option to embed the current model file into the log file, so that the log file becomes standalone? One issue here is that when using proprietary models like the Luke Hand model, the user will end up creating copies of the proprietary content embedded in log files, and may accidentally end up sharing them... this is something we are currently discussing with DARPA.

Anyway, the bottom line is that technically there are multiple features that can be added (although some are more elegant than others) so this is a design choice for a near-future release. Happy to discuss more.