Motor Actuator ∂θ, and ∂²θ limits

Discussion in 'Modeling' started by Arthur, Jan 14, 2020.

1. I am attempting to build an actuator that mimics the action and specification of a real-world motor. The only way I can imagine doing this currently is to use hyperparameter optimization to test permutations of mujoco parameters until they are as close as possible to measured dynamics?

At a very basic level, I'd like to be able to enter the values on the datasheet of the motor and get a reasonable result out, meaning that the motor should saturate like a regular motor and have a similar torque speed curve.

On top of that, I'd like to be able to control the maximum rotational velocity and maximum rotational acceleration because most off-the-shelf speed controllers already do this and there is no way to turn it off.

Is there any way (like putting a torque, position, and velocity controller all on the same joint) to accomplish this or do I need to implement this type of real-world actuator in my code by hand?

Do you have any specific plans for this type of actuator shortcut to exist in the future?