Mujoco 150 - Makefile in Windows: fatal error C1083 with stdint.h

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by W I L, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Hello guys,

I already follow the steps of getting started and verified with succes that the simulator works.

When I go to sample execute makefile an error appears:

Code:
    Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 x64 tools.

C:\WINDOWS\System32>cd C:\Users\CAUA\Documents\mjpro150\sample

C:\Users\CAUA\Documents\mjpro150\sample>make
    cl /O2 /MT /EHsc /arch:AVX /I../include ../bin/mujoco150.lib /Fe../bin/ basic.cpp       ../bin/glfw3.lib
    Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 15.00.30729.01 for x64
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

cl : Command line warning D9002 : ignoring unknown option '/arch:AVX'
    basic.cpp
    ../include\glfw3.h(123) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdint.h': No such file or directory
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Does anyone has any ideia ?

2. Emo Todorov

Emo Todorov Administrator Staff Member

Your compiler is too old (2008), and apparently is missing some of the options and header files available in the more recent compilers. MuJoCo 1.50 is tested with Visual Studio 2015. You don't have to use that particular version, but try something closer to it.

3. Hello Emo,

I feel like I'm in a big crusade to install mujoco rsrs. I already have the last version of Visual Studio 2017 ( the code right?!) and I tried to test in the terminal inside VS plataform:

Code:
    Windows PowerShell
    Copyright (C) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. Todos os direitos reservados.

PS C:\Users\CAUA\Documents\mjpro150\sample> make
    cl /O2 /MT /EHsc /arch:AVX /I../include ../bin/mujoco150.lib /Fe../bin/ basic.cpp       ../bin/glfw3.lib
    process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, cl /O2 /MT /EHsc /arch:AVX /I../include ../bin/mujoco150.lib /Fe../bin/ basic.cpp ../bin/glfw
    3.lib, ...) failed.
    make (e=2): O sistema não pode encontrar o arquivo especificado.
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Now my plan is to install your specific Visual Studio 2015 C++, but if it doesn't work, do you have other ideia ?

4. Emo Todorov

Emo Todorov Administrator Staff Member

The Visual Studio make tool is called nmake. You are calling make. Perhaps you have Linux-style make installed which gets called?

Also, you seem to be setting up PowerShell instead of the VS x64 Native Tools.

If you still have problems, I suggest creating a simple C++ project independent of MuJoCo and making sure you have the ability to compile and link on your system.