Robot stays in "weird" gesture

Discussion in 'Modeling' started by Inseen, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Hello everyone,

I just convert Poppy Humanoid robot URDF to XML successfully. When I run XML file in default simulator, instead of standing still, robot stays in a "weird" gesture like picture in the link below and keeps shaking. Plus, XML is also in the link below.

For those who still have trouble on converting files between URDF and XML, I could share what I just did on converting file's format as a beginner perspective :)
    1. after opening up URDF file in an editor(for me I opened in Bracket), you can just simply add </mujoco> line in the front and drag the file into the simulator in mjpro150/bin by typing
    "cd ~/.mujoco/mjpro150/bin
    ./simulate" in terminal
    2. or you can convert file by typing something like ./bin/compile ./model/XXX.URDF ./model/XXX.xml. converted file would be located in the same directory.

I hope someone could help me out on my question and I hope my brief instruction on converting files could make new-comers' life easier. :p

Have a good night,
    Best,
    Inseen

Attached Files:

2. It sounds like your links are in collision. Try to disable all collisions (The mujoco 2.0 simulate interface has a dropdown menu for that) and check whether you still experience that kind of behavior.